Good Market Shop
The Good Market organic and natural food shop is open every day across the street from the Colombo Saturday Good Market at the Racecourse. The shop operates as a not-for-profit social enterprise and has products from more than 70 Good Market approved vendors. New deliveries for this Saturday include:
* Organic certified cardamom, nutmeg, curry powder, conchiglie pasta, rigatoni pasta, kurakkan rigatoni pasta and rotelle pasta from Ma's Foods
* Organic certified pineapple, fruit & nut, banana and cacao snack bars, cinnamon coconut spread, ginger coconut spread and cacao coconut spread from Greenfield Organic Life
* Organic certified mango juice, pineapple juice, king coconut with pineapple juice, mixed fruit juice, dried banana, dried papaya, dried mango, dried pineapple and gherkin pickles from Govi Aruna
* Try out new all natural coffee bags from Soul Coffee
* Coconut chia pudding, yogurt chia pudding, pickled vegetables and Serbian red chilli paste join the selection of fruit and plain yoghurt from Senani Organics
* All natural kithul syrup, kithul jaggery, kithul flour, thalaguli and belimal tea from Haritha Lanka Kithul
* All natural kombucha and basil pesto from Flow Health Bar
* All natural mozzarella,haloumi, cheddar, feta and parmesan cheese from Aeri
* Lavender, tea tree, eucalyptus, lemongrass and peppermint essential oils from Moonshadow
* Freshly harvested salad leaves and rocket leaves from Uva Forest Gardens and mixed lettuce and baby spinach from Nature Farms
* All natural chocolate and coffee soy milk from Sujan International
* Homemade naarang and ginger beer from Cherine's Quench
* All natural, handmade rustic pumpkin spice soap, green tea bath soap, unscented bath soap, cucumber & yogurt soap and liquid soap from Aurelia Soapworks
* Free range eggs from Malpotha Farm and Via Village
Colombo Good Market
The Colombo Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in the Nuga Tree Car Park at the Colombo Racecourse.
10 to 11 - Morning chill out music by Senses
11 to 12 - Live music by Clyde and his crew
12 to 3 - Deep house by Gaia
3 to 4 - Live music by Shehan
4 to 5 - Nature Kids urban eco adventure with ECO-V (meet at Stall B10)
4 to 6 - Community open Mic
* Saaraketha is offering a 15% discount on Eggplant Moju this week in Stall F4.
* Deen the Bookman has a new selection of collectible books for Christmas, children's books and rare novels in Stall A1
* Pick up your very own potted oasis from Secret Garden in Stall B2.
* Organic Guru is offering 20% off all pasta items including whole wheat and gluten free varieties in Stall D6.
* Tash creates handmade silver jewellery using responsibly sourced local gemstones. Visit them in Stall E3 to design a custom piece or choose from their unique collection.
* ECO-V will have thulsi, mint and basil herbs, red spinach, pomegranate, aloe vera, curry leaves, passion fruit and ginger “plants as friends” available for a donation. They’ll also have sustainably harvested bamboo cups, kolapath plates, bamboo and cinnamon wood key tags, naturally dyed cotton clothing and essential oils in Stall A10.
* Frutty Fro Yo has all natural frozen yogurt made from sustainably sourced fresh milk at a solarpowered facility. Visit Stall A9 to try this week’s flavors: forest berry and vanilla bean. They also have their popular yogurt drink in mango and strawberry.
* Crepes Parlour has fresh kurakkan crepes with organic fruit filling, crepe cake, strawberry limeade, and carrot orange juice in Stall C6.
* Dr PPARs has Chlorella sorokiniana microalgae tablets in Stall A6 that boost the immune system, lowers cholesterol and blood sugar, and supports detoxification. Great nutritional supplement for vegetarians and the elderly.
* Anyaa Wellness has all natural spa products and massage therapy in Stall C1. A 15-minute massage by a visually impaired therapist is Rs. 500.
* Ceylon Art Gallery has oil paintings and watercolors that focus on nature, rural life, women, and Sri Lanka's cultural heritage in Stall B8.
* Yummy Goodness is offering a 10% discount on their popular naarang marmalade. Check out their full range of slow-cooked jams, marmalades and chutneys in Stall F4 at the Saturday Good Market or in the Good Market shop.
* Sri Lanka Unites will be under the nuga tree with a registration table for their upcoming Stride to Ride event.
* Priyanka Natural Foods is back with sauces, pastes, jams, chutneys, and sambols from all natural, sustainably sourced ingredients.
* Trained blind therapists from Thusare Talking Hands will be providing head, neck, shoulder, and foot massages in Stall B10.
* Out of the Box has a selection of unique handmade women's clutches.
* Volunteers from House of Hope are organizing carnival games and video games in Stall E4 to raise funds for children with chronic diseases, disabilities or special medical requirements. Stop by and check it out!
Galle good market
The Galle Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in Court Square, Galle Fort.
10 to 12 - Community open mic
12 to 3 - Chill out music by Minushka
3 to 4 - Free mehendi for kids by Mini Mehendi World
4 to 6 - Community open mic
* Starting this week Millennium Elephant Foundation will have Eco Maximus paper products and information on their volunteer programs and Elephant Walk experiences in Stall B2.
* Greenfield Organic Life is bringing a range of organic cacao products including raw cacao powder, cacao coconut spread and snack bars in Stall A3.
* Chami Foods is back this week with fresh hoppers, manioc and sambol, string hoppers, and more in Stall B2.
* Cool down with an ice-cold popsicle or fresh tropical fruit juice from Ceylon Tafel in Stall C1.
* Place a custom order or peruse the selection of polished all natural kithul wood and coconut wood housewares by Lion Kithul Wood in Stall A2.
* FriendzHome in Stall C1 has quality second-hand clothing, jewelry, toys, housewares, books and more at great prices. Have things at home that you aren’t using? Bring them to Friends Home and they’ll sell them for you. 25% of sales go to support a child with special needs. Call Kumudu at 0774301399 to learn more.
* Sevens Eco has a selection of cotton handloom clothing and accessories in Stall B1.
* Nidahasa Cooperative has upcycled sari bags, clothing, bed covers and accessories in Stall A3. Support this social enterprise to provide a living wage to more southern women.
* You can find Good Market products from other regions in Stall C2 and C3 including upcountry organic vegetables, vegan coconut milk drink, cacao, natural snacks and much more. See something you like in the Good Market shop promotions? Call the shop team at 0773772122 and ask them to bring it down to Galle.
Good for People.